WHAT IS MICROSOFT DYNAMICS 365 BUSINESS CENTRAL & HOW DOES IT FIT INTO THE ERP FAMILY?
Previously code-named “Tenerife”, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is the all new version of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Edition which is perfect for small to medium sized businesses looking to integrate a cloud-based intelligent solution for their business operations.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is a business management solution that brings the full power of Dynamics NAV with all its functionality to the cloud. Currently available in 14 countries including United States, Canada, Denmark, Sweden and etc since the release by Microsoft on 2nd April 2018, it is expected that the solution will reach the shores of Singapore and made available on 1st July 2018 onwards.
As an end-to-end application, Business Central connects people and processes. From managing finances to operations, and handling sales and customer service. Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central offers:
- Business without silos – connect businesses and boost efficiency with automated tasks and workflows, all integrated within the familiar Microsoft applications like Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Evolving solutions – grow and adapt your business in real time with a flexible platform that makes it easy to extend beyond Business Central based on your evolving business needs.
- Actionable insights – gain a complete view of your business and achieve greater outcome with connected data, business analytics and more with Microsoft’s leading intelligent technologies.
FEATURES & FUNCTIONS
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is available in 2 versions; Essentials and Premium.
Business Central Essentials includes
- Financial Management – general ledger, workflows and audit trails, bank management, budgets, deferrals, bank reconciliation, dimensions, fixed assets and currencies.
- Customer Relationship Management – contacts, campaigns, opportunity management and built-in integration with Dynamics 365 for Sales.
- Supply Chain Management – sales order management, basic receivables, purchase order management, locations, item transfers, and basic warehousing.
- Human Resources – employees and expense management.
- Project Management – resources, estimates, jobs and time sheets.
- Others – multiple languages, reason codes, extended text, Intrastat reporting, scheduled tasks and Outlook integration.
Business Central Premium includes
- All the modules in Essentials
- Service Order Management – service orders, service price management, service item management, service contract management, planning and dispatching.
- Manufacturing – production orders, version management, agile manufacturing, basic supply planning, demand forecasting, capacity planning, machine centres and finite loading.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is sold based on named user license model. The pricing for both versions are as below:
Essentials (Full License) – USD$70 per user/month
Premium (Full License) – USD$100 per user/month
Companies can also choose to purchase Team Member licenses for light users at the cost of USD$8 per user/month. The users are able to:
- Read tables and approve workflow instances
- Edit purchase and sales quotes
- Update existing financial entries
- Edit timesheet entries and personal information
Need more information? Talk to us now!